Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Pledge of Your Love

I remember the day that you pledged your love
Under the mango tree
The words that came from your mouth
Made me believe that you love me

You promised that you would never leave me
You promised that you would be my refuge,
Your vow that you would love me forever,
And the vow that you would do anything just for me.


The pledge that you would lead me through all the way
Your pledge that someday together we’d walk to the altar
You had pledged that you would be there whenever I need you

But the day had come and I knew
That it was all a lie
The heavenly words I heard
Never came true.

I was so stupid I believed what you said
And now my heart was just torn into pieces
For what you have done,
You just gave me tears.

You left me and you did
You were not my refuge; I was wrong.
You have not loved me; that's the truth.
You did anything just for me but never

You led me not through all the way
You were never my handsome groom
You had chosen to betray me
And you were never there when I needed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment